Position: Human Resource Manager
Directorate/Division: Administration Director
The Joint Security Task Force (JSTF) Co-ordination Director is the central contact point between the APEC Papua New Guinea 2018 Co-ordination Authority and the Commander of the JSTF for the planning of APEC security planning.
The Human Resource Manager leads the APEC Authority human resource division. Core areas of responsibility include planning and implementing personnel expansion, evaluating staff performance, facilitating skills development and implementing other human resources policies, programs, and practices to facilitate the successful hosting of APEC Papua New Guinea 2018.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and direct the human resource team to deliver comprehensive human resource services to the Authority by developing and implementing policies, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the Authority in accordance with the Public Service Management Act 1994;
- Build a rapport quickly with key members of the executive team and discuss and determine the HR needs of the Authority;
- Develop and maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures;
- Oversee a variety of tasks including managing absenteeism, discipline, grievances, sickness, benefits and safety;
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions;
- Lead and manage the entire recruitment process from advertisement to interview and selection;
- Oversee performance management of staff;
- Undertake other reasonable additional duties as required;
Skills and Qualifications:
- Have a University degree in human resource management, organizational/industrial psychology, or a related field;
- Relevant experience in human management role;
- Have sound knowledge and experience of PNG employment legislation, regulations and practices and Public Service laws;
- Be pragmatic, flexible and able to work effectively on multiple tasks simultaneously and to respond to shifting priorities;
- Have a demonstrated strength in building effective professional relationships and working and managing effectively across cultures;
- Possess high level communication skills, with the ability to liaise across multiple levels including government officials, statutory authorities, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Have the capacity to work independently as well as within a busy team environment;
- Possess advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook skills.
Send a current CV and letter of interest detailing an understanding of the above criteria with relevant personal strengths, not longer than 800 words, to hr@APECPNG2018.org